Hello. My name is Michael Calandra and I am a first year Film student at the University of Tampa. I was born on August 29th, 2000 (yes, today is my birthday) in St. Petersburg, Florida. I first became interested in film when I bought my first iPad in 7th grade. I downloaded the app “iMovie” for a whopping five dollars and became instantly hooked. I would make videos for every single class assignment that I could think of as opposed to the traditional Powerpoint approach like everyone else.

Then came high school. I finally grew out of iMovie and began to work on some more intensive programs such as Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro. My videos started to look more professional and complete and I realized that this would be something that I would love to do for the rest of my life. Throughout high school I kept devoting myself to the TV production program and eventually became certified in both softwares mentioned above.


Now comes college. My first class experience in Digital Media was great and well rounded, giving me all the resources and understanding I need in order to be successful in this course. I am glad we were able to visit the cage, the blackbox, and the lab (I will definitely be taking advantage of all of those!). Although this class seems to be more based around programs such a photoshop, I still have high hopes for it and look forward to seeing the kinds of art we will create. Not only that, but it is also most definitely a plus to have experience in programs like these for a well rounded resume. Currently I have little experience with programs like photoshop, but I expect this course to educate me with a superb understanding so that way I can take what I learn and apply it to my career.

If you would like to check out my Vimeo channel, click here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #2: Form Painting

Rotoscoping